Tuesday 19 May 2009

Big Wide Space & Itty Bitty Typography



It's a winner every time. Like pancakes on the weekend or a kebab on a late night, it never lets you down. Big, open spaces with very little going on and then there, in a corner somewhere, a little logo or some tiny writing. It always seems to look more sophisticated and stylish. I'm not sure why. It's easy to do, much easier than putting together some classified section in a trashy mag. It seems to say, "look at me, I'm so wealthy I'll take twenty pages to say what you would in one." But, it somehow works. Flick through a nice glossy magazine and then hold it up against your local TV guide and you'll find what I say is true. 

It's with this in mind that I 'll also add it's  always is the best page to design in any of my portfolio's. Above is  the last page of my latest mini-portfolio and some minimal purists out there might rave and rant at me for corrupting the design by adding my little planet halo. But, I think, looking at the design now, it's probably the best page in the folio. Which is good,  unless of  course I want people to like all of the pages in my portfolio. So, what's the solution? I've decided to put together a portfolio of all the last pages of  all my portfolio. Genius, pure genius. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: